• April 30U.N. COURT REJECTS REQUEST TO HALT GERMAN ARMS SALES TO ISREAL
  • April 30PROTESTORS HAVE RAIDED A MAIN-CAMPUS BUILDING AT COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY
  • April 24TENNESSEE PASSES BILL THAT ALLOWS TEACHERS TO CARRY GUNS IN SCHOOLS
  • April 23SDHS JUNIOR ABBY SPACE WINS THE DISTINGUISHED YOUNG WOMAN 2025 FOR RIVER CITY TITLE
  • April 23FORMER HAMILTON COUNTY SCHOOLS ASSISTANT NUTRITION DIRECTOR ARRESTED FOR STEALING OVER $12,000 OF PROPERTY
  • April 23PROSECUTORS NOW CLAIMING TRUMP VIOLATED GAG ORDER IN THE HUSH-MONEY TRIAL
  • April 22UAW WINS VOTE TO UNIONIZE VOLKSWAGEN, THE FIRST FOREIGN AUTOMAKER IN THE US
  • April 22SUPREME COURT CONSIDERING CRIMINALIZING HOMELESS PEOPLE SLEEPING OUTSIDE
  • April 22DONALD TRUMP CRIMINAL TRIAL REVEALS HUSH-MONEY PAYMENTS
  • April 15IRAN TAKES A STAND IN THE ISREAL-HAMAS WAR AFTER AN UNPRECEDENTED ATTACK IN ISREAL ON SUNDAY

Christmas Activities Near Chattanooga

Discover a few of the Holiday season inspired activities near Chattanooga.
Tera Byard
One of the many decorations at Flat Top Mountain Farms this season.

As the Holiday season is upon us, here are a few family friendly events and activities near our area.

Cindi Sanden

A Soddy Daisy Christmas 2023

Our community, here in Soddy Daisy, is stepping up their game this season with some events and activities. 

One of the events happening here is the tree lighting ceremony. Soddy Daisy is hosting a 62 foot Christmas tree lighting ceremony. This event will be held on November 17th from 3:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. There will be vendors, food trucks, and activities set up for you to enjoy.

Click here for more information.

Another event happening this season is the Soddy Daisy Christmas parade. This parade is part of a huge tradition that showcases many small businesses, floats, schools, churches, and more from our community. This event will take place on December 3rd from 2:00 p.m. through 4:00 p.m. The parade will be on Dayton Pike starting at Harrison Lane and ending at Sequoyah Access Road.

Click here for more information.

The other event happening here in Soddy Daisy is the Christmas light show located in Pine Tree Park. This is a drive-through event consisting of a detailed light show created by Nooga Lights accompanied by synchronized music. This event is open Thanksgiving until December 31st from 6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. on every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Although, from November 11th to January 1st, the show will be open every night. If you purchase your ticket online, it is $15 per car. If you purchase your tickets at the attraction, it is $20 per car.

Click here for more information.

Ice On the Landing

Ice On the Landing is an ice skating attraction hosted downtown at the First Horizon Pavilion. Admission  is $12 per day for an adult and $10 per day for children 12 and under. They offer a group rate for $2 off groups of 20 people or more. They also offer season passes. Individual Season Passes are $100 and a Family Season Pass for up to four members is $250 with the option of adding an extra family member. That is an additional $50 per added member. Purchase tickets online or at the entrance. They are open most days from November 24th, 2023 through January 28th, 2024.

Click here for more information.

Enchanted Garden of Lights

Take a stroll through the Rock City Garden’s with the seasonal touch of a Christmas lights display throughout. This attraction is open nightly in November, December, and January with the exception of December 24th. On Thursday and Sunday nights, tickets are $27.95 per adult and $17.95 per child(ages 3 to 12). On Friday and Saturday nights, tickets are $31.95 per adult and $21.95 per child(ages 3 to 12). Tickets must be purchased online before or upon arrival. 

Click here for more information.

EPB Holiday Windows

Dating back to World War II, EPB is continuing the tradition of beautiful displays in the windows throughout the streets of Chattanooga. This event will kick off November 23rd presenting itself in the windows of EPB’s downtown headquarters on Broad and Market Street. 

Flat Top Mountain Farms 

This season, Flat Top Mountain Farm is selling Fraser Fir Christmas Trees through the weekends of November 24th to December 3rd. They are also hosting carriage rides with Santa. Get your tickets online or at the entrance. 

Click here for more information.

Holiday Christmas Lights Train

Located downtown, starting after Christmas day through the 31st, is a 65 minute train ride that takes you through various Christmas lights displays over the course of six miles. The departure location is 4119 Cromwell Rd, Chattanooga, TN). Tickets are booked online for $24 per adult seat and $15 per kid seat.

Click here for more information.