Soddy Daisy Christmas Parade

Soddy Daisy Christmas Parade
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.istockphoto.com%2Fvector%2Fdecorated-christmas-tree-with-toys-garland-and-star-gift-boxes-under-the-tree-gm1283040334-380592339&psig=AOvVaw1dGSqCEbpuRU-eEqwub5Ub&ust=1699628743920000&source=images&cd=vfe&opi=89978449&ved=0CBAQjRxqFwoTCKCdgtCYt4IDFQAAAAAdAAAAABAD

Soddy Daisy’s annual Christmas Parade will be held on the first Sunday in December, at 2:00 p.m and ending at 4:00 p.m. The parade will be on Dayton Pike from Harrison Lane to Sequoyah Access Road. Numerous floats will be featured along with, marching bands, dancers, decorated vehicles, and at the end a special appearance from Santa Claus.
Floats will be created by churches, local businesses, and individual groups will be competing for first place trophies in respective categories. To be eligible for the competition floats must have an American flag displayed somewhere on the float. The categories are creativity, craftsmanship, originality, effort, and american flag displayed.
To assure that the parade goes as smoothly as possible volunteers from the local Vietnam Veterans of America and members of Soddy-Daisy High J.R.O.T.C. will make sure everything is in place and organized.
Floats are allowed to throw out candy, but only if they are walking beside the float, no candy is to be thrown from a moving vehicle. The public is to watch their surroundings, in order to not interrupt or get harmed during the parade.
The entry deadline for the Christmas Parade is Monday, November 28th, applications are available at Soddy-Daisy City Hall or on Soddy-Daisy’s website.