Halloween Activities Near Chattanooga

Discover a few of the Halloween attractions near Chattanooga
Tera Byard
Pictured is the pumpkin selection at Flat Top Mountain Farm this season on October 15th, 2023.

As Halloween is approaching, here are a few different ideas you and your friends and family can participate in around Chattanooga.

Haunted Market: 

The Sunday Market will turn into a family-friendly Halloween event. On Sunday, October 29th, from 11:00 am to 4:00 pm, at the First Horizon Pavilion you can participate in a costume parade, a local businesses market, a The Scarlet Love Conspiracy performance, and more.

Click for More Information

Aquascarium:

The Tennessee Aquarium is hosting a Halloween-themed event on October 27th from 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Students, friends, and family can all go and enjoy the spooky animals and treats they provide. There will be a trick-or-treating event as well as scuba diving characters. Tickets are $38 a person for ages 5 and up.

Click for More Information

Boo in the Zoo:

The Chattanooga Zoo is getting into the Halloween spirit from October 13th through the 28th from 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. They will have “merry-not-scary” Halloween decorations, costume contests, trick or treating, and more set up for their guests to enjoy. Tickets are $15 per person.

Click for More Information

Trunk or Treat:

This newfound way of trick-or-treating is all over the Chattanooga area this year. On October 28th, you can trunk or treat at Crosspath Church from 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. On October 29th, you can trunk or treat at Calvary Baptist Church from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. 

Haunted Houses:

There are many haunted houses near Chattanooga. The two closest ones are Dread Hollow and The Haunted Hill Top. Dred Hollow is open on Thursday through Sunday, times may differ. Halloween night they will be open from 8:00 pm to 10:00 pm. Tickets are $25 per person for the normal experience. The Haunted Hill Top is open every Friday and Saturday from 7:00 p.m. to 1:00 a.m. Tickets are $20 per person for both the hayride and the house, and just $15 for one experience.

Flat Top Mountain Farm:

A family-friendly farm up on Flat Top Mountain offers flower picking, pumpkin purchasing, hayrides, corn mazes, food trucks, local business shops, and more. Not to mention the incredible views and it’s pet friendly! The cost depends on what you choose to purchase and experience.

KuroKatsKrochet is one of many local small businesses’ at Flat Top Farm this year. (Anna Skiles)

Click for More Information

Ghost Tours Downtown: 

There are multiple companies that do ghost tours in downtown Chattanooga. One of them is Chattanooga Ghost Tours, Inc. In this immersive tour, you will take a walk through the downtown area for about 45 minutes and listen to your instructor talk about the history of the area, death stories, and chilling ghost stories. Tickets start out at $19.50 per person.

Halloween EEKstravaganza!:

The Soddy Daisy Community Library is having its annual Halloween EEKstravaganza at the Soddy Ball Park on Saturday, October 28th from 3:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. The festival will include many local vendors and will wrap up with the movie Goosebumps at 8:30 p.m.

Click for More Notification

There are many attractions for Halloween in the Chattanooga area that can be fun to participate in this year, this is just a few. Will you get a trick or a treat this October 31st?