ODDtober returns to Tennessee Aquarium

Thom Benson
Alligator with pumpkin

This October, the Tennessee Aquarium will be hosting their annual ODDtober celebration! this event will shine a light on the not-so-scary creatures found around the world and in our backyards!

The Tennessee Aquarium’s SCUBA divers will carve pumpkins underwater at 2pm every Saturday. You can even participate in carving your own aquarium animal for NOOGAtodays pumpkin contest with the templates found on the Tennessee Aquariums’ website – tnaqua.org.

The Aquarium will be decorated with lots of Halloween decorations; including Miguel Wattson’s pumpkin lights that glow in response to the triggered sensors when the eel discharges in his enclosure! 

On October 27th, guests are invited to wear costumes for the Aquascarium! Enjoy family friendly trick-or-treating in the buildings while observing all the animals using their natural costumes of camouflage, misdirection, and mimicry! (4pm-8pm. Final entry at 7pm)

After you finish touring the enclosures, be sure to go pick up a free sticker in the gift shop by mentioning ODDtober at the register! *while supplies last*

Also head over to Tennessee Aquarium IMAX 3D theater! There will be two 45-minute showings of nature’s most mysterious environments!

• Ancient caves shows the planet’s most remote caves both above and below the surface!
  • Secret of the Sea shows how cooperative the ocean environment really is!

Tickets must be purchased online and in advance. Aquarium will be closed October 22nd for a special event.

• Aquarium members: $8 for each person 5 years and up
    • Non-Aquarium members: $38 for each person 5 years and up
  • No timed entry for ODDtober
  • Kids must be accompanied by an adult at all times