Lady Trojans at the Battle of the Burg

Junior, Hannah Gleason

The Lady Trojans lacrosse team traveled to Gatlinburg this weekend. Their first preseason outing was seen as an opportunity to learn and prepare for the upcoming season.

They had a tough first and second game, losing 13-0 to the Rapids Savannah, and 19-1 to the Ravenwood Lady Raptors, but despite these initial setbacks, the Lady Trojans showed significant improvement in their third game against the Cookeville Cavaliers. The Lady Trojans lost to the Cavaliers 11-6, but demonstrated significant progress from their 19-0 defeat against the same team six months ago.

Goalie Aubree Cheek had a standout performance, making a total of 27 saves during the games. Seven goals were scored this weekend, with three of those being scored by Hannah Gleason. The rest of the goals were scored by Olivia Terry, Grace Lewis, and Katie Pourarzib. 

The Lady Trojans plan to use this tournament as a guide for improvement for their upcoming season. Coach Jamie Edmondson says, “I’m very proud of everyone! We are heading in the right direction and our spring season is going to be great!”