Hamilton County Fair This Weekend

The Hamilton County Fair is a family-oriented exhibit that is for anybody. Up until 2019, the fair was hosted at Chester Frost Park. The past three years were canceled for various reasons including Covid-19 and weather. This year, the 2023 Fair will be held at McDonald Farm in Sale Creek, Tennessee.

The location of McDonald Farm is only 22 miles north of Chester Frost, making it just as easy to access for most people. The Fair will be held over Veterans Day Weekend (November 10th-12th).

According to the Chattanooga Times Free Press, Chairman Tom Lamb stated that the move “will allow them to focus on the original intent of the fair – showcasing livestock and agriculture – and will provide the opportunity for future growth…” 

McDonald Farm can accommodate much more family-friendly fun for all ages. This year the main event will be Brandon Davis performing from 5:30 pm-6:15 pm, and Lauren Alaina performing from 7:00 pm-8:15 pm, on Saturday, November 11th. Contests include a Chili Cook-off on Saturday and a Pie-eating contest on Sunday. There will also be a rodeo on Friday, November 10th from 6:00 pm-8:30 pm and Saturday the 11th from 1:00 pm-3:30 pm. There will be Lumberjack Shows throughout the whole day on Saturday and Sunday. Many more events will be held all weekend.

Along with all the events, there will be animal exhibits, pony rides, old-time photos, axe-throwing, chainsaw carving, a petting zoo, amusement rides, games, face painting, balloon twisters, candy apples, and cotton candy. 

Come to the new and improved Hamilton County Fair on Veterans Day weekend and have fun for all ages!