SDHS Marching Trojans Win Big

SDHS band takes home the Foothills Classic Grand Champions Title
Angel+Rousse
Angel Rousse

On Saturday, October 28th, our very own marching trojans won their final competition of the 2023 marching season.

After numerous hours of dedication to the near eight minute show, they performed for the final time in Seymour, Tennessee.

The Trojan Band was awarded with the best in percussion AAA, best overall band in AAA,  Large Division Grand Champion, and overall Grand Champions. Our marching trojans left the Foothills Classic with the highest score of the night.

Many tears were shed from numerous members after seeing all of their hard-work coming into fruition with the Grand Champion title. After a two and a half hour ride back from Seymour with the trophies in hand, the band was greeted by a police escort and parents cheering them on for their big win.

If you didn’t get the chance to see the award-winning band, they will host a Celebration Community Band Performance. It will be held at the Soddy Daisy High School’s Robert Talaska Field on Thursday, November 2nd at 6:00. All are welcome to see the final performance of Full Tilt.