Usher to Headline Super Bowl 2024 Half-time Performance

Eight time grammy winner Usher is headlining the 2024 Super Bowl in February.
Allegiant Stadium

Apple Music and the NFL announced on September 25th that Usher will be the main performance at the 58th annual SuperBowl.

Since then, according to The Gleaner, Usher has been “working on its[the performance] choreography and technical aspects after he finishes his raunchy Paris residency, which is being seen as a practice run for the February 11 event…” Usher received the news from his “big homie” Jay-Z over the phone. In an interview with nme.com, Usher refers back to that phone call. He says “[Jay] said  ‘It’s time, it’s magic time. You know, it’s time for you to have that moment… The SuperBowl.’”

Usher plans to make this the ultimate Super Bowl halftime performance, hopefully, to be more entertaining than his guest appearance at the 45th SuperBowl in 2011. He states “This is the bucket list of all bucket-list performances – whoever you are.” in an interview with The Sun.

Although, with all this bucket-list planning, will it be enough to top Rihanna’s Super Bowl performance last year?