Biography of Steve Henry

Steve Henry is a beloved figure in the Soddy Daisy community, known for his remarkable contributions as both a principal and a coach.

Born on October 5 in Dallas, Texas, Steve was adopted and spent his childhood in Oklahoma City. He displayed a strong passion for sports, particularly excelling in baseball and track.

Steve’s journey into coaching began with a profound experience under a football coach at Red Bank High School, which inspired him to pursue a career in coaching. In 1983, he started his first year at Soddy Daisy High School as a coach.

His primary motivation has always been to be around the children, building relationships, and helping them succeed. He views students as young adults and strives to guide and connect with them on a personal level.

Over the years, Steve’s dedication and passion led him to take on administrative roles. He played a significant role in revitalizing Soddy Daisy High School, spearheading updates to its appearance and enhancing facilities through collaborations with various community organizations keen on supporting our school and its youth.

Outside of his professional life, Steve enjoys playing golf and spending time on his boat, appreciating the town of Soddy Daisy and its beautiful lake. He has two daughters, both of whom he coached in track and field.

Steve’s impact on the Soddy Daisy community extends beyond his roles as principal and coach. He is committed to fostering a sense of pride, compassion, and unity within the school and the community, aiming to unite people and encourage a more loving and understanding environment for all.

Steve Henry is not just an educator and coach; he is a leader and a legend who continues to inspire those around him to make a positive difference in the world.

View Comments (1)