Clinch River Valley Competition

Angel Rousse
Pictured left to right: Emma Blakely, Ben Lewis, Abby Williams, Risse Woodward, Trey Hassler, Delia Bradshaw, Emma Kate Reece, Isaiah Franklin, Emma Tolley

Saturday, our very own Soddy Daisy High School Marching Band won two awards at the Clinch River Classic in Clinton, TN.

Our Marching Trojans traveled two hours away, where they performed their show Full Tilt and received superior ratings. After a long day, they won the first place class 4A band award and the first place class 4A percussion award.

Full Tilt is the SDHS 2023 show featuring music such as Pinball Wizard by The Who, Everybody Want to Rule the World – From “The Hunger Games: Catching Fire” Soundtrack by Lorde, Short Ride in a Fast Machine by John Adams, and Fire On High by the Electric Light Orchestra. Soloists include Ruby Woodward, Isaiah Franklin, Lily Lowry, and Grace Thrash.

Trey Hassler, the SDHS Marching Band Captain, describes Full Tilt as “… a really active show with a lot of movement both musically and physically. It captivates our audience in a way that many other shows cannot.”

If you missed the chance to see our Marching Trojans, they are due to perform their next show on October 20th for the William Blount varsity football game. The next competition will take place on October 28th at the Foothills Classic in Seymour, TN. Come out and support the marching band!