• April 30U.N. COURT REJECTS REQUEST TO HALT GERMAN ARMS SALES TO ISREAL
  • April 30PROTESTORS HAVE RAIDED A MAIN-CAMPUS BUILDING AT COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY
  • April 24TENNESSEE PASSES BILL THAT ALLOWS TEACHERS TO CARRY GUNS IN SCHOOLS
  • April 23SDHS JUNIOR ABBY SPACE WINS THE DISTINGUISHED YOUNG WOMAN 2025 FOR RIVER CITY TITLE
  • April 23FORMER HAMILTON COUNTY SCHOOLS ASSISTANT NUTRITION DIRECTOR ARRESTED FOR STEALING OVER $12,000 OF PROPERTY
  • April 23PROSECUTORS NOW CLAIMING TRUMP VIOLATED GAG ORDER IN THE HUSH-MONEY TRIAL
  • April 22UAW WINS VOTE TO UNIONIZE VOLKSWAGEN, THE FIRST FOREIGN AUTOMAKER IN THE US
  • April 22SUPREME COURT CONSIDERING CRIMINALIZING HOMELESS PEOPLE SLEEPING OUTSIDE
  • April 22DONALD TRUMP CRIMINAL TRIAL REVEALS HUSH-MONEY PAYMENTS
  • April 15IRAN TAKES A STAND IN THE ISREAL-HAMAS WAR AFTER AN UNPRECEDENTED ATTACK IN ISREAL ON SUNDAY

New Complications Will Hold FAFSA Forms For Several More Weeks

Although the FAFSA is now officially open for students, many are still struggling with the aftereffects of the recent form change. After months of waiting for the FAFSA to officially open, there is still a hold for the unforeseen future. When the students opened their 2024-2025 FAFSA form, it should have said “processed”, however, there are still some issues holding the form from being sent out to colleges.

“We expect that online correction will be available in the coming weeks. In the meantime, check your FAFSA Submissions Summary to review your responses and see your eligibility information.” (Federal Student Aid)

While Federal Student Aid can give the student information about their estimated eligibility overview, the actual form cannot be successfully processed due to the errors mentioned on the page prior. These reported “errors” are due to a potentially inaccurate estimate given in conjunction with the students’ families’ taxes.

The US Department of Education released a press announcement stating that “We have worked closely with the IRS to assess the reports concerning incorrect tax data sent to schools on the Institutional Student Information Records (ISIRs) for 2024-25 FAFSA applications.”

In an interview with College and Career Advisor, Mr. Stone explained that this new FAFSA plan has been in the works for many years now and this just happened to be the year in which they enacted it. Out of the 6.6 million FAFSA forms, only about 10% of students have been affected. This is causing those 10% to have higher or lower estimates because of incorrect IRS information.

“This hold does not affect the Tennessee HOPE or Tennessee Promise applicants. The only thing that this is affecting is the Pell Grant and the Work Studies available,” Stone informed.

Senior Hailie McCanless explained, “It’s made scholarships and other college plans delayed, making the already difficult college decision more demanding.”

The corrections are hopefully to be completed within the next week. In a recent announcement, Mr. Stone explained that they are slowly sending out the revised forms in serval bathes over this week and next. There will be continual updates about the processing of the FAFSA in the coming weeks.