• April 30U.N. COURT REJECTS REQUEST TO HALT GERMAN ARMS SALES TO ISREAL
  • April 30PROTESTORS HAVE RAIDED A MAIN-CAMPUS BUILDING AT COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY
  • April 24TENNESSEE PASSES BILL THAT ALLOWS TEACHERS TO CARRY GUNS IN SCHOOLS
  • April 23SDHS JUNIOR ABBY SPACE WINS THE DISTINGUISHED YOUNG WOMAN 2025 FOR RIVER CITY TITLE
  • April 23FORMER HAMILTON COUNTY SCHOOLS ASSISTANT NUTRITION DIRECTOR ARRESTED FOR STEALING OVER $12,000 OF PROPERTY
  • April 23PROSECUTORS NOW CLAIMING TRUMP VIOLATED GAG ORDER IN THE HUSH-MONEY TRIAL
  • April 22UAW WINS VOTE TO UNIONIZE VOLKSWAGEN, THE FIRST FOREIGN AUTOMAKER IN THE US
  • April 22SUPREME COURT CONSIDERING CRIMINALIZING HOMELESS PEOPLE SLEEPING OUTSIDE
  • April 22DONALD TRUMP CRIMINAL TRIAL REVEALS HUSH-MONEY PAYMENTS
  • April 15IRAN TAKES A STAND IN THE ISREAL-HAMAS WAR AFTER AN UNPRECEDENTED ATTACK IN ISREAL ON SUNDAY

What’s the next step?

The class of 2024 will graduate this May and we interviewed some SDHS seniors to see what their next step is.

SDHS seniors are preparing for graduation this May but what are their plans after? Leaving SDHS, students have many opportunities to utilize moving into their future. Some students will continue school at colleges or trades while others may go into the workforce or military. We interviewed SDHS seniors to see their plans after graduation. 

Cory Telly, who is involved in SDHS theater program, plans to attend UTC and major in theater education. He says he dedicates his decision to Mrs. Lucy Boydston, the theater teacher here at SDHS.  “What will you miss most about SDHS?” Cory replied with “It’s been a place that I have and haven’t enjoyed. I do definitely feel like I’ve made some connections here.”

Emma Tolley is going to Tennessee Tech to continue her career in band. She plans to double major in general business management  and supply chain management. “I’m going to be in tech and I will be doing marching band with them, and also the college of business.” The advice Emma gave was “Get yourself out there, get your voice out there, and make friends.”

SDHS graduation is May 18th, 2024. Seniors last day is May 5th.