• April 24TENNESSEE PASSES BILL THAT ALLOWS TEACHERS TO CARRY GUNS IN SCHOOLS
  • April 23SDHS JUNIOR ABBY SPACE WINS THE DISTINGUISHED YOUNG WOMAN 2025 FOR RIVER CITY TITLE
  • April 23FORMER HAMILTON COUNTY SCHOOLS ASSISTANT NUTRITION DIRECTOR ARRESTED FOR STEALING OVER $12,000 OF PROPERTY
  • April 23PROSECUTORS NOW CLAIMING TRUMP VIOLATED GAG ORDER IN THE HUSH-MONEY TRIAL
  • April 22UAW WINS VOTE TO UNIONIZE VOLKSWAGEN, THE FIRST FOREIGN AUTOMAKER IN THE US
  • April 22SUPREME COURT CONSIDERING CRIMINALIZING HOMELESS PEOPLE SLEEPING OUTSIDE
  • April 22DONALD TRUMP CRIMINAL TRIAL REVEALS HUSH-MONEY PAYMENTS
  • April 15IRAN TAKES A STAND IN THE ISREAL-HAMAS WAR AFTER AN UNPRECEDENTED ATTACK IN ISREAL ON SUNDAY

Night of a Thousand Lights

Getty Images/iStockphoto

The day Juniors and Seniors have been looking forward to all year is coming up in a few short weeks, PROM. Students will enter the new gym and immediately be transported into a world of twinkling lights filling the room with hues of blue and white.

PROM will take place on Saturday, April 13th from 7:30 pm to 10:30 pm. Tickets are now on sale and must be purchased online through the SchoolCash Online payment system. Once tickets have been purchased by the student online, they will pick up their physical tickets which will be at a booth in the cafeteria during lunch starting next week. Those who wish to bring a guest from another school need to pick up a form from the main office, where Mrs. Bishop is, there is a stack on the table and is marked “Prom Guest Forms”. Students will then turn in their guest form when they are picking up the physical copies of the tickets. Guests MUST present a form of identification in order to get into the dance.

There has been some pushback from several students over the price increase this year. Instead of the $40.00 from last year, tickets are now $50.00. Mrs. Dalton, a member of the PROM committee has explained that the price increase is due to a number of different things, “decorations, the DJ, water [included in ticket price], and most importantly – inflation.”

PROM court nominations will begin next week from Tuesday to Thursday for seniors to make their top choices. The court will be announced over the intercom on Friday of next week. From there, everyone in attendence of the dance will vote in front of the court for the PROM king and queen upon arrival. They will be announced during PROM where they will be crowned and have their official dance together.