Soddy Daisy Baseball take down Cleveland Blue Raiders

Trojans Start first game of the season was a success

The Trojans started their season with an exciting game going into the 8th inning at an unfamiliar field. The game was postponed from Tuesday night at Soddy’s to Wednesday night at Ridgeland High School. After a slow start from the offensive side of the ball, Keith broke that going 2-3 on the night with a double and a single. The Trojans had tremendous pitching on their side between Carson Flint and Alexander Pinson with a combined 15 strikeouts and only giving up 6 hits. With almost all hope lost in the final innings, the Trojans found a way to win the game 3-2 against Cleveland High School.

This upcoming spring break will be a real test for the Trojans traveling down to the Gulf Shores to play some of the nation’s best teams in a tournament. The season kicks off with District play starting next Monday. The Trojans look forward to a great season and look to bring home the first State Championship back to Soddy since 1977. Seniors on the team include second baseman AJ Florio, third baseman Keith Scoggins, catcher Troy James, pitcher Taylor “Bug” Hughes, and pitcher Holden Davis. We look forward to continue seeing their success as they look to battle it out and bring home hardware.