• April 30U.N. COURT REJECTS REQUEST TO HALT GERMAN ARMS SALES TO ISREAL
  • April 30PROTESTORS HAVE RAIDED A MAIN-CAMPUS BUILDING AT COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY
  • April 24TENNESSEE PASSES BILL THAT ALLOWS TEACHERS TO CARRY GUNS IN SCHOOLS
  • April 23SDHS JUNIOR ABBY SPACE WINS THE DISTINGUISHED YOUNG WOMAN 2025 FOR RIVER CITY TITLE
  • April 23FORMER HAMILTON COUNTY SCHOOLS ASSISTANT NUTRITION DIRECTOR ARRESTED FOR STEALING OVER $12,000 OF PROPERTY
  • April 23PROSECUTORS NOW CLAIMING TRUMP VIOLATED GAG ORDER IN THE HUSH-MONEY TRIAL
  • April 22UAW WINS VOTE TO UNIONIZE VOLKSWAGEN, THE FIRST FOREIGN AUTOMAKER IN THE US
  • April 22SUPREME COURT CONSIDERING CRIMINALIZING HOMELESS PEOPLE SLEEPING OUTSIDE
  • April 22DONALD TRUMP CRIMINAL TRIAL REVEALS HUSH-MONEY PAYMENTS
  • April 15IRAN TAKES A STAND IN THE ISREAL-HAMAS WAR AFTER AN UNPRECEDENTED ATTACK IN ISREAL ON SUNDAY

SDHS Hall of Fame: Whitney Dillon

Class of 2008
Whitney+Dillon
Whitney Dillon

Whitney Ward Dillon was asked her favorite memory of Soddy Daisy High School, she said “Friday night football games! There was nothing like it”. Throughout high school, Whitney was on the SDHS Cheer team, where she won two state championships back to back. 

Whitney at SDHS in her uniform.

“I remember senior year wanting to get “‘Most likely to succeed.’” People laughed and told me that I was too stupid to ever succeed. So, I graduated on a mission to become exactly that, most likely to succeed.” I’d imagine Whitney felt very successful when she was informed she was being inducted in the Soddy Daisy High School Hall of Fame. Following her graduation in 2008, Whitney enrolled into University of Chattanooga, majoring in Communications, and minoring in promotions. She was on the UTC Cheer team, then she became a part of the Tennessee Titans Cheer team.

Whitney became extremely successful following high school and college. She was a Monster Energy international model, and starred on TV shows: Racing Wives and Life in the Fast Lane. Currently, she is Co-owner of the WM Jewelry company and a Social Media Influencer. 

Whitney has earned many honors and awards throughout her life as well. While in high school, she earned two state championships in cheerleading, she was SDHS Cheer Captain, UTC Cheer Captain, and Tennessee Titans Cheerleading awards: Two-time most-dedicated, Highest Score, the “IT” factor, 2015 Covergirl of the Titans cheer calendar and 2014 centerfold. Her career as a cheerleader brought a lot of success to her life.

The reality TV show Whitney was on.

Whitney is married to Austin Dillon, a famous NASCAR driver. Austin and Whitney have two children who are very prominent in their lives. She travels 36 weekends out of the year to cheer on her husband in his races. 

She stated how she felt about Soddy Daisy, “I love the people and the small town feel… Everyone is connected in some way and that brings a strong sense of community”. 

Whitney left us with one thing, “You are who God says you are! If you put God first place, I promise you, He will blow your mind. Never stop pursuing your passions. Stay consistent! Always remember where you came from. Don’t forget the journey. Last but not least, Love always wins.” 

Whitney is very deserving of being placed into the Soddy Daisy High School Hall of Fame. She was always very committed to Soddy Daisy High School,  and very committed to her community. She is very successful and Soddy Daisy is proud to know her!