Finding That Perfect Fit For Prom

Emma Tolley
Students browsing through several dresses to find that perfect one

Through the local company, Northside Neighborhood House( NNH), students were able to shop for the perfect prom dress and sleek Prom suits for no more that sixty dollars.

Soddy Daisy High School’s Community School Coordinator, Alivia Durham, was responsible for this first annual event in conjunction with NNH. The Prom pop-up was held in the media center where students had to opportunity to explore many different donated dresses and suits, many of which were from high-end brands such as Sherri Hill.

Durham explained, “The dresses will be taken to all four of our local high schools that are doing Prom this semester… to provide accessibility to students who may not otherwise be able to go out and get a Prom dress.” Through this program there is a sense of community that is being build from the students purchasing the dresses to the kind souls who donated them. The mission of the Northside Neighborhood House is to, “(create) relationships and (connect) individuals to supports that aid them in creating stability for themselves and their families.”

The media center was flooded with dozens of students looking to find their perfect fit from Prom 2024. After vigorous amounts of tool, sequins, and glitter several students went home with their dream dress for the spring.

Prom will be hosted by Soddy Daisy High School on April 13th. We hope to see everyone there, including these lucky students!