• April 24TENNESSEE PASSES BILL THAT ALLOWS TEACHERS TO CARRY GUNS IN SCHOOLS
  • April 23SDHS JUNIOR ABBY SPACE WINS THE DISTINGUISHED YOUNG WOMAN 2025 FOR RIVER CITY TITLE
  • April 23FORMER HAMILTON COUNTY SCHOOLS ASSISTANT NUTRITION DIRECTOR ARRESTED FOR STEALING OVER $12,000 OF PROPERTY
  • April 23PROSECUTORS NOW CLAIMING TRUMP VIOLATED GAG ORDER IN THE HUSH-MONEY TRIAL
  • April 22UAW WINS VOTE TO UNIONIZE VOLKSWAGEN, THE FIRST FOREIGN AUTOMAKER IN THE US
  • April 22SUPREME COURT CONSIDERING CRIMINALIZING HOMELESS PEOPLE SLEEPING OUTSIDE
  • April 22DONALD TRUMP CRIMINAL TRIAL REVEALS HUSH-MONEY PAYMENTS
  • April 15IRAN TAKES A STAND IN THE ISREAL-HAMAS WAR AFTER AN UNPRECEDENTED ATTACK IN ISREAL ON SUNDAY

SDHS Alum at Spring Training

MLB Pitcher Logan Workman is living his dream in Florida.
Logan Workman Pitcher for the Tampa Bay Rays

In a full-circle moment, Logan Workman of the Tampa Bay Rays watched his dreams come tolife, when he pitched at a Lookouts game after years of growing up viewing his idols, do the exact same.As a kid, he would watch from the high stands to see his favorite players dialed in, ready to hit the nextbig home run. After years of hard work, the roles were reversed as he pitched on the same mound that hisformer heroes did.Workman began working toward achieving his dream when he attended Soddy Daisy HighSchool back in 2017. He started as a catcher for the SDHS men’s baseball team but quickly advanced to astarting pitcher his senior year.He was then recruited by Lee University, where he pitched for all four years and earned hisbachelor’s degree. Directly after graduation, he was drafted as a seventh-round pick for the Tampa BayRays, where he has worked his way up to now being in class AA.

Logan Workman Spring Training game against the Detroit Tigers.

His journey was not always easy, especially after he was severely injured during an off-seasontraining session. He explained that he remembered walking into the doctor’s office and sitting down withhim, saying, “I want to be back by this date.” The date, in particular, was the Chattanooga Lookouts gamewhich he had dreamed of playing for years. After working vigorously with the physical trainer andovercoming the mental challenges that came with it, he was back to pitch for the Lookouts in their veryown stadium in front of his closest family and friends.After working for years to achieve his dreams, he began his spring training with theTampa Bay Rays as a pitcher for the 2024 MLB season.