Lady Trojans Look for Revenge

Alivia Hall scores her 1000th point in a Trojan uniform
Christopher Lane
Senior Alivia Hall

This Friday we had a huge win against the Red Bank Lions, 70-20, but the score was not the main point of attention of the game.

Senior, Alivia Hall scored 26 points, crossing the 1000-point mark for her outstanding high school career. This is not what they have come all this way for, with the team saying that this district tournament is a business trip and it is about adding hardware to cement this year’s team in Soddy Daisy history.

After an interview at the start of the season, Coach Katie said the Lady Trojans were going to have to find their identity and not let last year’s seniors define them. The team is now finding that new identity heading into the District Championship, which is on Tuesday at 7 pm at Red Bank.

Heading into the Signal Mountain game, the girls are looking to get their revenge after their last meeting against Signal did not go their way. After losing to them by one at the start of the year to end the season, the ladies had a rough start that led to Signal taking the win by double digits. They now have the chance to finally take their turn and win the District Championship. A major factor for tonight’s game is not letting Signal’s post take the game over and force the guards to shoot and be the scorers. Another major factor is limiting our turnovers and not giving them free takeaways for points.