Lady Trojans Beat The Lady Cherokees

Lady Trojans Looking to Take Back First in the District
Emma Beene

The Lady Trojans started their campaign post-snow break, off to a hot start to beat the Sequoyah Lady Cherokees 56-32. It was not just a game on Tuesday night, there was a deeper meaning behind it all, honoring all people whose lives have been affected by cancer with all players wearing green socks to honor Cara Corcione who tragically passed with lymphoma. The Lady Trojans played like there was something extra on the line Tuesday night and are beginning to find their rhythm at the right time with only a little time before the postseason stretch begins. The Lady Trojans were led by main scorers Hannah Patterson, who led the team in scoring with 20 points while also posting 9 rebounds, and Alivia Hall, who scored 18 points along with 6 rebounds. With Senior Night approaching, Alivia Hall is still on her journey to hit the 1,000-point club in her career at Soddy Daisy High School, where she is now sitting at 863 points. The ladies look to defend their home court tonight against cross-town rivals Hixson at 6 o’clock followed by the boys’ game at 7:30.