• April 30U.N. COURT REJECTS REQUEST TO HALT GERMAN ARMS SALES TO ISREAL
  • April 30PROTESTORS HAVE RAIDED A MAIN-CAMPUS BUILDING AT COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY
  • April 24TENNESSEE PASSES BILL THAT ALLOWS TEACHERS TO CARRY GUNS IN SCHOOLS
  • April 23SDHS JUNIOR ABBY SPACE WINS THE DISTINGUISHED YOUNG WOMAN 2025 FOR RIVER CITY TITLE
  • April 23FORMER HAMILTON COUNTY SCHOOLS ASSISTANT NUTRITION DIRECTOR ARRESTED FOR STEALING OVER $12,000 OF PROPERTY
  • April 23PROSECUTORS NOW CLAIMING TRUMP VIOLATED GAG ORDER IN THE HUSH-MONEY TRIAL
  • April 22UAW WINS VOTE TO UNIONIZE VOLKSWAGEN, THE FIRST FOREIGN AUTOMAKER IN THE US
  • April 22SUPREME COURT CONSIDERING CRIMINALIZING HOMELESS PEOPLE SLEEPING OUTSIDE
  • April 22DONALD TRUMP CRIMINAL TRIAL REVEALS HUSH-MONEY PAYMENTS
  • April 15IRAN TAKES A STAND IN THE ISREAL-HAMAS WAR AFTER AN UNPRECEDENTED ATTACK IN ISREAL ON SUNDAY

SDHS Head Football Coach Announcement

“So with that being said, I will turn it over to the 18th Head coach in the Soddy Daisy football program, Coach Josh Owensby”, Hensley announced on Monday the 8th. The announcement was hosted during Advisory in the football locker room. 

“First of all I want to thank Coach Hensley and Mrs. Cass for giving me this opportunity… really excited”, Owensby said. After sharing his excitement to coach he added, “When I stepped down as the head coach at hixson last year, I promised myself I would never take another head coaching job at a place I didn’t want to be at long term for one and for two that I didn’t feel like I could be competitive in November”. Owensby further shared his emphasis on November. He stated, “Our one vision right now, starting today, is we’re going to be a November football team again, and we’re going to be relevant in November… we want to be the team talked about.” Through the rest of the announcement, Owensby shared his strong belief in the football program, and his goals for the future of the program.