SDHS Head Football Coach Announcement

“So with that being said, I will turn it over to the 18th Head coach in the Soddy Daisy football program, Coach Josh Owensby”, Hensley announced on Monday the 8th. The announcement was hosted during Advisory in the football locker room. 

“First of all I want to thank Coach Hensley and Mrs. Cass for giving me this opportunity… really excited”, Owensby said. After sharing his excitement to coach he added, “When I stepped down as the head coach at hixson last year, I promised myself I would never take another head coaching job at a place I didn’t want to be at long term for one and for two that I didn’t feel like I could be competitive in November”. Owensby further shared his emphasis on November. He stated, “Our one vision right now, starting today, is we’re going to be a November football team again, and we’re going to be relevant in November… we want to be the team talked about.” Through the rest of the announcement, Owensby shared his strong belief in the football program, and his goals for the future of the program.