• April 24TENNESSEE PASSES BILL THAT ALLOWS TEACHERS TO CARRY GUNS IN SCHOOLS
  • April 23SDHS JUNIOR ABBY SPACE WINS THE DISTINGUISHED YOUNG WOMAN 2025 FOR RIVER CITY TITLE
  • April 23FORMER HAMILTON COUNTY SCHOOLS ASSISTANT NUTRITION DIRECTOR ARRESTED FOR STEALING OVER $12,000 OF PROPERTY
  • April 23PROSECUTORS NOW CLAIMING TRUMP VIOLATED GAG ORDER IN THE HUSH-MONEY TRIAL
  • April 22UAW WINS VOTE TO UNIONIZE VOLKSWAGEN, THE FIRST FOREIGN AUTOMAKER IN THE US
  • April 22SUPREME COURT CONSIDERING CRIMINALIZING HOMELESS PEOPLE SLEEPING OUTSIDE
  • April 22DONALD TRUMP CRIMINAL TRIAL REVEALS HUSH-MONEY PAYMENTS
  • April 15IRAN TAKES A STAND IN THE ISREAL-HAMAS WAR AFTER AN UNPRECEDENTED ATTACK IN ISREAL ON SUNDAY

Soddy Daisy High School’s Rock Band

SDHS’ first ever Cenbad rock band.
Lena Skiles
Cenbad performing as the entertainment at SDHS’ celebration of learning.

The SDHS Rock Band was a new addition to all of the electives here at SDHS this year. Taught by Mr. Lovingood, rock band, is a class of nine students who are all very musically talented. 

To be a student in rock band, you have to audition or be recruited by Mr. Lovingood. The nine students that joined this year are Caleb Ables, Sabrina “Bree” Aikens, Allissa Bogard, Delia Bradshaw, Noah Edmond, Lauren Hendrix, Ethan Lepere, Cooper Thurman, and Clayton Williams. 

Sophomore Bree Aikens and Senior Lauren Hendrix are the lead vocalists of Cenbad. Juniors Alissa Bogard and Delia Bradshaw, Senior Ethan Lepere, and Sophomore Noah Edmond are all rhythm guitarists. Delia and Noah are also bass guitarists. Senior Clayton Williams is the drummer and Senior Cooper Thurman is the sound engineer for Cenbad.

In an interview, Cooper said “My dream has actually been to join a rock band and to perform in one… and when I saw this opportunity I couldn’t just let it go… It’s a really good program.” Clayton mentioned how he was glad to have been able to put his six years of playing into a band setting. Alissa said that she started playing guitar because of Mr. Logue’s guitar class at SDMS and she “decided to join because I really want to do guitar in the future and this is a great place to start.” The rock band has created an environment where some students can express and implement their hopes and dreams.

“Cenbad” is the name the students in rock band came up with and it is also a combination of the students’ first initial. 

Mr. Lovingood started the rock band this year after being approached by a man at the central office who had mentioned the program. He also mentioned in an interview that “there are only three or four other schools in the county who have a rock band or a rock band class… and I love to pour into new talent… and if they don’t get that experience here, where are they gonna get it?” He then went on to talk about the bonds and experience students will get from being in this class. 

Cenbad is the main entertainment during school events. Before Thanksgiving break, SDHS hosted a celebration of learning day for our test scores and Cenbad was the main entertainment.