• April 30U.N. COURT REJECTS REQUEST TO HALT GERMAN ARMS SALES TO ISREAL
  • April 30PROTESTORS HAVE RAIDED A MAIN-CAMPUS BUILDING AT COLUMBIA UNIVERSITY
  • April 24TENNESSEE PASSES BILL THAT ALLOWS TEACHERS TO CARRY GUNS IN SCHOOLS
  • April 23SDHS JUNIOR ABBY SPACE WINS THE DISTINGUISHED YOUNG WOMAN 2025 FOR RIVER CITY TITLE
  • April 23FORMER HAMILTON COUNTY SCHOOLS ASSISTANT NUTRITION DIRECTOR ARRESTED FOR STEALING OVER $12,000 OF PROPERTY
  • April 23PROSECUTORS NOW CLAIMING TRUMP VIOLATED GAG ORDER IN THE HUSH-MONEY TRIAL
  • April 22UAW WINS VOTE TO UNIONIZE VOLKSWAGEN, THE FIRST FOREIGN AUTOMAKER IN THE US
  • April 22SUPREME COURT CONSIDERING CRIMINALIZING HOMELESS PEOPLE SLEEPING OUTSIDE
  • April 22DONALD TRUMP CRIMINAL TRIAL REVEALS HUSH-MONEY PAYMENTS
  • April 15IRAN TAKES A STAND IN THE ISREAL-HAMAS WAR AFTER AN UNPRECEDENTED ATTACK IN ISREAL ON SUNDAY

Soddy Daisy High School is scheduled to host Open House

On Tuesday, December 5th, the Chattanooga-Hamilton County Regional Planning Agency is scheduled to host the next Open House to discuss issues in the Soddy Daisy, Middle Valley, Lakesite, and North County areas.

“These interactive sessions are designed for community members to voice their opinions on crucial issues.” (Karen Hunt, RPA) There have been a lot of recent conflicts concerning the future of the Soddy Daisy campus given the proposed plans to combine Soddy Daisy Middle School and Daisy Elementary Schools. The Open Houses are the perfect opportunity for community members who feel strongly about the future of their children to share their ideas.

One of the more pressing subjects is the housing and development influx in the coming years.  According to the Chattanooga-Hamilton County Regional Planning Agency, “The growth planning process will define WHAT type of development is needed in the future and WHERE it should be located to make the best decisions for Hamilton County as it grows in the future.”

The CHCRPA is encouraging all members of the community to attend to be informed about the upcoming plans and to share their voices for the betterment of their future endeavors concerning Soddy Daisy and surrounding areas.