A Former SDHS Student is Now the Owner of Her Very Own Part of a Business.

SDHS alumni Ally Cathey owner of part of Dirty Dough Cookies, visited Mr. Fuller’s class to give her story and advice to the students.
Lena Skiles
Ally Cathey speaking to Mr. Fuller’s class.

A former student of Mr. Fuller’s, Ally Cathey, now owns her very own part of a franchise, Dirty Dough Cookies. She came in to visit Mr. Fuller’s seventh-period class to share her experience as an entrepreneur.

Dirty Dough Cookies is a cookie company that makes fresh cookies that are “super-stuffed cookie bombs.” The brand operates through the modo “It’s what is inside that counts.” They implement this modo in their staff, customers, and especially their cookies. 

It is not only a business, but also an advocate for youth mental health. A big part of their advocacy is built on embracing being yourself. The proceeds of Dirty Dough Cookies go towards suicide prevention and awareness and mental health awareness. 

During Ally’s visit, she discussed how she got to where she is today and her high school experience. She mentioned how she worked for The Pioneer Woman for years before taking her position with Dirty Dough Cookies. She also mentioned how her high school experience wasn’t the greatest, however, she also mentioned that it was her teachers that made it all worth it. “It’s great to have teachers, like Mr. Fuller, who keep up with you even after you’re no longer in the classroom.” The teachers at SDHS are very pleased to see one of their former students becoming so successful and happy. 

View Comments (1)