Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony at Poe’s Tavern

The Soddy Daisy community came together last night in a “Hallmark” kind of way, said Commissioner Gene-o Shipley.
Lena Skiles

Friday night at Poe’s Tavern was a night to remember for all that participated. This was a great way to jumpstart the 2023 holiday season. Vendors, food trucks, pony rides, Mr. and Mrs. Clause, and the overall reason for the event, the 62 foot Christmas tree lighting ceremony. 

KuroKatKrochets set up with all her crocheted items. (Lena Skiles)

There were over 10 vendors all representing their businesses. Some of the vendors were, KuroKatKrochets, the Soddy Daisy Community Library, California Smothered Burritos, Magikal Moments Facepainting, and more. There were also multiple food trucks and an eating area for families, couples, and friends to gather to eat their dinner. 

One of the food trucks that was set up. (Lena Skiles)

This was an amazing opportunity for the community to come together and celebrate the holiday season. Many participants hope they will continue this ceremony in the future. This is now Soddy Daisy’s little slice of a “Hallmark” movie.

Commissioner Gene-o Shipley making his speech for the night. (Lena Skiles)
Commissioner Gene-o Shipley and his wife DeDe. (Lena Skiles)