First Trojans Basketball Home Game

SDHS Trojans will be playing on their home court tonight at 6:00 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. against Livingston Academy.
Christopher Lane
SDHS boy’s basketball team on media day posing as football players.

The Soddy Daisy High School Trojan Basketball teams will face off tonight at home, for the first time this season, against Livingston Academy. The girls’ varsity team will play at 6:00 p.m. and the boys’ varsity team will play at 7:30 p.m.  

In an interview, Coach Katie Wright, the girl’s basketball coach, said that she is “really excited, and for the past years I had been really nervous… I’m a constant learner of the game… and this year I’m a lot more relaxed and very excited… This is a great group of girls, and I’m excited to see if we have grown since last year.” She also mentioned how excited she is for the upcoming season. 

SDHS girl’s basketball team during media day goofing around. (Christopher Lane)

For the girls team, the starting line up is point guard Brylee Edmondson, shooting guard Abby Faires, small forward Alivia Hall, power forward Hannah Patterson, and center Gourney Stewart.

For the boys team, the starting line up is point guard Jackson Mull, shooting guard Jonathan Love, small forward Aidan Haile, power forward Nathan Landtroop, and center Taylor “Bug” Hughes.

In an interview, starting point guard for the boys team Jackson Mull stated, “I’m excited, Coach[Eller] has prepared us. We are looking forward to the game, especially it being our first home game.” 

Come out and support the Trojans tonight. 

“Go Trojans!” – Jackson Mull