New Soddy Daisy Volleyball Head Coach: Paul Brock

After facing challenges to find a head football coach and a head volleyball coach, Jared Hensley named Paul Brock Soddy Daisy Head Coach of Volleyball. 

Paul is an Alumni from Soddy Daisy High School with a degree from UT-Knoxville. In The Chattanoogan’s recent article, Paul Brock says, “It’s an exciting opportunity for me as I graduated from Soddy Daisy and grew up in that area. I work at Sequoyah and live about six miles from there today, so it should be a great fit for me…I have ventured away since my time there as a student, but I’ve come home. I just hope I can bring the luster back to a once-proud program”. 

Brock made his head coaching name at GPS for 25 years, leading them to 3 state championships, a couple 2nd place finishes, and 14 years of finishing in the Final Four. Brock has over 800 career wins to only 240 losses. He was honored State coach of the year for four years. Later, Brock was inducted into the Greater Chattanooga Sports Hall of Fame in 2016.

Paul announced his choice of Assistant Volleyball Coach for Soddy Daisy High School on Wednesday, November 15th on Facebook. He chose Marjorie Smith to assist him in the upcoming season at Soddy Daisy. He says, “She was a stud volleyball player at Red Bank and the same at TWU…she will go into their Hall of Fame at Tennessee Wesleyan University sometime. She brings so much to the future of our program. Can’t wait until we start.” 

The Chattanoogan says “Hensley was simply beside himself with the latest hire.” They quote Hensley, “We are so happy that Paul has agreed to be our next volleyball coach at Soddy Daisy…We are so excited about the experience and success he brings to our program with three state championships and more than 800 wins. More importantly, he’s a graduate of Soddy Daisy High School”. Hensley put a lot of work into getting the best for Soddy Daisy High School. He says “I’m pretty sure he’s had other coaching opportunities here lately, but I just had to put my best sales pitch together and remind him again just how special this place is. Luckily, it didn’t take too much convincing”. Soddy Daisy has gained a special coach for this program.