Teacher Spotlight: Hannah Wilson

As Soddy Daisy High School continues to grow, many new teachers are building our staff. One being a new 9th Grade English teacher, Ms. Hannah Wilson. Wilson came in as a brand new teacher with her service dog Vienna. “I interviewed at a lot of places but really Soddy was my favorite place… I have Vienna, my service dog… places were like I don’t know if I want to have a teacher who’s responsible for kids that has a service dog… Soddy was the only place that actually took the time to get to know me and didn’t see me for my, I’d say, disability.” Soddy Daisy High School promotes the idea that “you matter” which shows a very welcoming and respectful vision to the school.

“I always loved English when I was in high school… I liked a lot of my English teachers when I was in high school so I was like I could do that.” Ms. Wilson embraces her love for English with her students with respect she feels the kids deserve.  “When I was in high school a lot of my teachers treated us like we were kids… So I just lay it all out there and treat them the way they deserve to be treated.” She makes sure her students feel respected through her teaching.

Soddy is growing more every year with new students and phenomenal teachers!